Sunday, August 23, 2009

I Think I am Getting Fed Up

Hello, it has been a long time coming. This school term is coming to an end. I don't have all of my grades, but in one class I have a 98.8. Hopefully all of my grades are good. Using this blog for my distance education course has been helpful, but it has taken away from my posting on the blog.

Things that have been Going On
Work started back the beginning of this month, this has been really tiring for me. As a matter of fact, I am tired right now. Just getting back into the swing of getting up at 6:00 am, taking a shower, to make it to work by 7:30 am, and be on duty by 7:40 am. Staying at work until 4:00 pm Monday through Friday for 180 days, does take a toll on the body. Not only that, dealing with middle school age children and co-workers can be stressful.

Don't get me wrong, I do enjoy my job and am proud to have one. Teaching for 9 years, the time has flown by. I have said time and time again, that I want another job. Thinking about it, going through the interview process can be more stressful then the actual job itself. To some degree I feel that I can't do anything else. I don't know, it is somewhat discouraging being in a position that you want to change, but don't have the motivation to change it.

Working for 9 years has given me money to do the things that I want. Truthfully, I am not where I want to be. Using My Financial Success has allowed me to organize my finances and be able to pay off my debts and get my bills to under $500 a month. That took time and dedication.

July and August have been very intense months financially for me. There have been some things that I was trying to do, that took away from my savings. Still recouping from that. Also, having to pay for school made a big change in my life. Mentally, I have gotten to a point that I am tired of being in school and really need to do what it takes to get it done. Today ends this term. Now, there are only 3 courses, 3 KAMs, 2 residencies, and 1 dissertation until I am done. So looking forward to that.

Currently, I had to go into my savings, which is fine. Reorganizing my finances has been something that I needed to do for the betterment of me. For the last few years I have been saying 40 retire. Well, that is 6 years from now. I also said that at the end of this school year I would not renew my contract. I don't see that. What will happen is work until school is done. I don't know how long it will be before I am able to receive financial aid. If I am unable to get it I will continue to pay for school. If I am able to get it, I will use it and that will be more money coming to me. That is a true catch twenty-two.

My Bill's
Wachovia $100.00 ($2,555.57)
US Dept of Edu $25.00 (13,402.56)
Knology $ $70.04
Mediacom $93.94
Braces $109.00
Geico
credit card $50.00
tax lien $990.00 ($5,500)

Plans for the Future
Of course, I have to pay for school that is a priority. I also had to borrow money from my mom that will be paid back at the end of this month. I still haven't paid anything on the tax lien. My portion will be paid at the end of this month too. Don't go to the beach this summer. I plan to go for Labor Day just need some type of relaxation.

Sometimes I can't see the forest for the trees. That's neither here nor there.
Walden University: $2,000 per month (October and November)
savings: $2,000 per month (September, December, and January)

Giving instructions is something that I enjoy, but I don't know what the future holds for education nor our youth. The teacher has been tasks with so many objectives that teaching really is the last thing that there is to do. I know I will not put in 25 years in the classroom. I am already tired and school just started. To me, my out is real estate. 10 properties by the time I am 40. There has to be a better way. There is it is just up to me to make it happen.

If this has seemed jumbled or just not fluid forgive me, this is how I feel right now. These are random thoughts that need to be put into action. In the words of Tim Gunn, I will make it work.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Willetta
Thank you for the kind words on my presentation. You have come to far to stop now. Don't give up. I know you will reach your objective. Dr. Willetta Jackson has a nice ring to it. Hankspot

bettysonly said...

Hank, thank you for reading. I know I can get it done, it is all a matter of when. Dr. Willetta Jackson sounds scary to me. I will continue until I complete the program. It can be a trying journey. Putting forth the effort is what needs to be done.