Saturday, February 28, 2009

Be Thankful for the Little Things

Things with me are always moving forward. In my last post I did a reflection of my years out of undergraduate school. I have made many gains, but it never seems to be enough. Maybe, I am my worst enemy, but aren't we all? Everytime I get ahead something rears its ugly head, but that's a part of this thing we call life. Overall, I am thankful for the little treasures that occur in my life. There is no need to hold on to the past it is gone now. The time is now and we must do what is right for the future.

Be Thankful for the Little Things

I am celebrating in my own little way. I have finally paid off Liam (99 Land Rover). I will receive the title in the mail in 5-10 business days. Yes, no more car payments. No, I am not going to purchase a new car. I couldn't if I wanted to. $311.56 is what I will be saving a month. This money will go toward two student loans that I have had since the 90s. That's ashame isn't it?
Also, I am back in school. A step closer to being Dr. Willetta Jackson.
The little things mean so much and we should cherish them. There are so many negative things that go on. Take time to pay attention to the clouds, the birds, the people you see. There is something special in all of the things around us. It is up to us to recognize them.

Looking but Not Aware of What I am Looking For

I feel the time is now to look for something else to do. I have been down and out. The first step is to update my resume. After that, it is up to me to look for something that I feel I want to do. It will all work out when the time is right.

Overall, this is the life that you have been given. Take the time out to give thanks for all of the things that have happened in your life. Without them you would not be the person you are today. Don't hold on to the past let it go. Holding on does nothing, but create stress and drama. You are better then that.

Do what you can with what you have and know it can be better. It will get better if you try.
Post a Comment

Privacy Policy

Privacy Policy for www.financialsuccessismine.blogspot.com

The privacy of our visitors to www.financialsuccessismine.blogspot.com is important to us.

At www.financialsuccessismine.blogspot.com we recognize that privacy of your personal information is important. Here is information on what types of personal information we receive and collect when you use and visit www.financialsuccessismine.blogspot.com, and how we safeguard your information. We never sell your personal information to third parties.

Log Files
As with most other websites, we collect and use the data contained in log files. The information in the log files include your IP (internet protocol) address, your ISP (internet service provider, such as AOL or Shaw Cable), the browser you used to visit our site (such as Internet Explorer or Firefox), the time you visited our site and which pages you visited throughout our site.

Cookies and Web Beacons
We do use cookies to store information, such as your personal preferences when you visit our site. This could include only showing you a popup once in your visit, or the ability to login to some of our features, such as forums.

We also use third party advertisements on www.financialsuccessismine.blogspot.com to support our site. Some of these advertisers may use technology such as cookies and web beacons when they advertise on our site, which will also send these advertisers (such as Google through the Google AdSense program) information including your IP address, your ISP , the browser you used to visit our site, and in some cases, whether you have Flash installed. This is generally used for geotargeting purposes (showing New York real estate ads to someone in New York, for example) or showing certain ads based on specific sites visited (such as showing cooking ads to someone who frequents cooking sites).

You can chose to disable or selectively turn off our cookies or third-party cookies in your browser settings, or by managing preferences in programs such as Norton Internet Security. However, this can affect how you are able to interact with our site as well as other websites. This could include the inability to login to services or programs, such as logging into forums or accounts.