Saturday, February 28, 2009

Be Thankful for the Little Things

Things with me are always moving forward. In my last post I did a reflection of my years out of undergraduate school. I have made many gains, but it never seems to be enough. Maybe, I am my worst enemy, but aren't we all? Everytime I get ahead something rears its ugly head, but that's a part of this thing we call life. Overall, I am thankful for the little treasures that occur in my life. There is no need to hold on to the past it is gone now. The time is now and we must do what is right for the future.

Be Thankful for the Little Things

I am celebrating in my own little way. I have finally paid off Liam (99 Land Rover). I will receive the title in the mail in 5-10 business days. Yes, no more car payments. No, I am not going to purchase a new car. I couldn't if I wanted to. $311.56 is what I will be saving a month. This money will go toward two student loans that I have had since the 90s. That's ashame isn't it?
Also, I am back in school. A step closer to being Dr. Willetta Jackson.
The little things mean so much and we should cherish them. There are so many negative things that go on. Take time to pay attention to the clouds, the birds, the people you see. There is something special in all of the things around us. It is up to us to recognize them.

Looking but Not Aware of What I am Looking For

I feel the time is now to look for something else to do. I have been down and out. The first step is to update my resume. After that, it is up to me to look for something that I feel I want to do. It will all work out when the time is right.

Overall, this is the life that you have been given. Take the time out to give thanks for all of the things that have happened in your life. Without them you would not be the person you are today. Don't hold on to the past let it go. Holding on does nothing, but create stress and drama. You are better then that.

Do what you can with what you have and know it can be better. It will get better if you try.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, CONGRATS on paying off Liam! You are doing a great job and you are motivation to us all. Go for it!! You will be Dr. jackson before you know it. Education is a wonderful thing!

The Freelance Squad
www.thefreelancesquad.com/blog

DH @ The Money Blog Revisited said...

You're such a wonderfully positive person! I really enjoy reading your posts. -DH

bettysonly said...

Thanks DH for leaving a comment! I try to be, but life tends to happen. My blog has helped me do better with my cash. I don't mind letting people into my world.

Thanks again!