Tuesday, June 13, 2017

Another One Bites the Dust

Thank you for allowing me to focus on what's important, paying off this debt that I have accumulated due to student loans.  I've had this blog for a really long time and there have been years that I posted once or twice or maybe not at all.  Looking over the blog itself, there have been substiantial changes, but not to the point where I have eliminated most or even half of the debt.  Truly sad, so really is financial success mine?

That's a great question to ask myself.  All I must do is continue to pay off these student loans and do right by my life.  So with that being said I paid off another Navient loan.  I'm really excited to have done so.  My focus is different, is it because I'm older, have this little boy, realized I've made many financial mistakes and the only way that my finances and or credit score are going to improve is put the money where it needs to go?  On these debts.

Debts
Navient  $1017 paid off by October 2017
Federal Loan  $3125  paid off by October 2018 or sooner
Allied Servicing  $6447  not sure when this will be paid off

There are others, but these are the ones that are the least.

Payment arrangements, $200 a month for 4 years to equal $10,000.  They have a 10% interest rate, but since they are working with me, this isn't a problem.  These have added penalties and fees which they are willing to wave.
Navient $11,000
Navient $12,000

I don't remember if I stated that I refinanced my home to a 15 year mortgage and the payment only went up about $50.  Very glad of this.  Probably will refinance again to a 10 year mortgage, but that will be a few years down the line.

Making better financial decisions has been hard, but any money that I have been getting extra I've been putting toward the debt.  This has helped substantially.

My ultimate goal is to move to what I want.  I did things a little backward, but it's time to do something different.  By the time I retire, this little home will be paid for that is a great thing to look forward to.

I must make sure that I continue this momentum and pay these things off.  To date two debts are clear and free, now three more.  Yes, there are more, but it makes it better looking at the smaller ones first.

Problem
eating out

This is a major problem.  Purchasing quick food while we are out.  The plus is it's quick, the negative is it's not healthy.  Better choices.

This blog should be used as accountability, but I don't do that.  Thank you for reading.  This journey has been a hard one and it's not over.  There is so much that will be achieved.  Before I know it, these above mentioned debts will be a thing of the past.

Ultimately, I must believe in myself and do right by my money, it's mine to do with it what I will.  

No comments: