Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Everything Will Be Fine in 09

Everything will be fine in 09. I just a adopted that motto. I will keep it with me the entire year. I had to retrain my mind set. It is awful, but my maturity level has grown dramatically over the last few months. I am so proud of myself and my growth. I want big things and in order to achieve them I have to show and prove that I am worthy.

I have found many personal finance blogs and these people are and have done what I want: Achieved financial freedom. Many have paid off thousands of dollars of debt over a short period of time. I think that is wondeful. I will continue to read and learn from others.

Currently, I had a computer that was old, I sold it for $50.00. I put that money in my gas tank and used the rest for food for the month. I also have a brand new turkey fryer that has never been used. I need to sell that too.

Today, I will call my debtors and find out how much money I owe on some bills. I will pay these things off too. I co-signed on a loan, that will be paid off by April. Clearing out debt is the name of the game.

Things that are about to occur:
Re-entry in Phd program: $4280
Real Estate Class: $225
Books for Phd courses: $300

I am so Excited
Life is what you make it and I am going to make the best out of what I have been given. I think about the mistakes I've made and the money that I have wasted. I no longer can live my life like that. There is enough happiness, contentment, and money for everyone to have we just have to realize our life is given to us to make the most of it. We can't wallow in sorrow and despair. I admit that I have made mistakes, but the time is now for me to make a difference in my life.

Tax Return
I get my w-2 today. Monday, I will sort out my taxes. The money that I get in tax returns will be used for school. I thought about taking out another loan, but I don't know if I can do that or if I should. My mind has been clouded lately. I may just put about $2,000 toward school and pay $1,000 monthly to cover the rest of the cost. School starts March 2 and goes through the end of May. I really need to think this thing through. I must have school paid off by the time the term ends and the next one begins.

My Bills
T-Mobile: $93.16
ING:
Liam: $311.23 ($1,994.74)
Water: $50.00
Knology: $100.00
Mediacom: $117.00
Craft Store: $180.00

I need to rething some of these bills. For instance, ING will be paid off soon. That should be taken care of by April. My actual T-Mobile is $73.00, but why it costs $93.16 is a good question. I will call and find out what is going on. I know I don't use all of my minutes so I may need to drop my minutes and keep the texting. I'll have to see.

Like I said earlier, I am proud of myself and the things I accomplished. Financial freedom is mine and all I have to do is make the changes, continue to be positive and keep looking toward the future. Good things come to those who wait.

No comments: