Thursday, January 8, 2009

I have been Doing Much Reading






I have been reading different money management and financial planning blogs. They offer great advice on how to handle your finances. One in particular is Retire at 40. I love his methods and his plan to retire by the time he is 40 years of age. That is a great plan.

Cutting Back
One of the things that I have learned from Andy is don't waste money on paper napkins. You know that is something that I truly knew, but haven't put it into practice. I am not going to break down the amount of money you will save if you stop purchasing paper napkins, but it will come in handy over a years time. He suggested to purchase towels for the kitchen and the bathroom. This will save you money and you will not have to waste that paper anymore. Also, instead of spending money on Kleenex get you a handkerchief. You will wash it and not keep spending money over and over again.

Another thing that he discussed is cutting back on your waste. If you don't not recycle, you should start. Many of the things that we use daily end up in the trash can. Recycling can help the enivironment and cut back on your footprint on this Earth.

My Credit Score
I checked my credit score today and the student loan has been updated, it is no longer negative on my account. Equifax: 598, Experian: 604, and Transunion: 641 are my scores. Life happens and it is what you make it. I will continue to do what is best. I am no longer overdrawing in my checking account. This is the first time I have not been struggling for the month of January.

Organizing Life
I am going to take my time and organize my life. I admire Andy and his growth and determination. I will be there within a few months. I will come up with a plan to cut back on the things that are not neccessary in my life. It will be hard, but it is worth it. Today while at work I will make a mental note of the things that I can sell to make extra cash. Just thinking, I have a turkey fryer, never been used and also an old computer that is wasting space.

I am looking forward to building and growing. Growth takes time and effort. I see some growth, but the growth must continue.
One more thing. Wasting food, how many of us do that? I have been reinventing meals. For instance, the turkey, I made turkey a la king. I also made a beef and been burrito. To go along the the meat I made mashed potates and another day I made brocolli. Recreate is always good.

Take some time to think about how you waste and what can be recycled, or given away or even sold for some extra cash. I have been working for almost 10 years and I want to live my life to the fullest. Making the right decisions, be creative, earning extra cash and putting that money to good use will come in handy.

Think about your life and what changes you can make. All will work out if you believe.

References

1 comment:

Jena Isle said...

That's a positive outlook. Good luck with year 2009. May you be successful in all your goals in life. Cheers.