Tuesday, May 5, 2009

I have been doing some Thinking





The mind is a terrible thing to waste and I wonder how I can use it to its fullest potential. Everyday I am bombarded with questions, tasks, life, and an array of other things that it is hard to truly stay focused on what is important. The things that are important to me are my family, school, and my overall life. Using My Financial Success has helped me realize that this is my money and it is up to me to use it to benefit me and my family. Sometimes I see people and what they have, but that doesn't matter. What matters is what I have and what I do with what I receive. Putting my money to work for me is more important than materialistic things. I am so over having the latest this and the latest that, I just want to be able to live.

Previously, I discussed wanting to own 5-10 acres of land. This is something that I have wanted for some years. All it takes is focus in order to achieve goals. I lost site of what is truly important to me. It is hard to gain focus again, but it is here and I will not let it go.

Reviewing my finances, now that Walden University is paid for, at the end of the month I will have $2000.00 left over every month. That is a major step in my finances. There needs to be more assessing going on, but for the most part that is what will be left over. Not overdrawing in my account and shopping excessively will save me. Before the summer is over, I am going to open a Roth IRA. This is truly needed and will benefit me in the future. So looking forward to that.

As for this lien, I am still working on that. I understand that this is something that I did to myself, but it is crazy. Looking for a lawyer as we speak, but this will not bring me down.
Being able to save more money and live off of what I recieve will be a big step for me.
June will bring on many changes for me, but I know that things will be alright. So money will have to go toward June, but not too much. All I can say is I am proud of myself and the growth I have attained these pasts few months. What I have learned has helped me and I look forward to moving forward.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Take it slow, you don't want to over do things. You will be alright! I am proud of the growth that you have taken on. Save that money and don't overspend. Purchase you a Roth IRA and save that money, but also put money in your bank savings account too. If you save at least $200.00 a month that will account for something. Along with the $2000.00 a month. I know you may not be able to put that up too, but do what you can. I am glad you realize that there is so much more to life. Good job!