Sunday, May 17, 2009

Whose Money is this Anyway?

I have been afraid to write. For what reason I don't know. Thoughts of posting came, but I never set down to write about what and how I felt about my money. Over time, I have read personal finances blogs, books, quotes, etc. What I have learned is, this is my money and it is up to me to do right by it. Indeed, I work hard and in return I receive a salary. This is money that will come in monthly. Now here is where it gets tricky. Living above my means is what has been going on for years. The time to stop is now. There is so much more to life. Spending money until it is all gone. At the end of the month there is nothing. Debt collectors calling and overdrawn papers in the mail. Is this your money or are you working to pay bills? I don't want to live that way anymore. This will be the first month that I will have more money left over after paying bills. Finally doing right by my cash feels good.

No comments: