Sunday, June 14, 2009

What Changes Do I need to Make?

This month I haven't been doing the right thing with my money. Spending on unnecessary items, that really don't mean a thing. To be truthful, I don't know how much money I have spent since the beginning of the month. All I know is that it is much more then I wanted to spend. We have been eating out everday and that is more money coming out.

Walden University
I passed my courses this past term. I am taking two courses now and my independent study. Paying for school was trying and it let me know that I make a decent amount of money. It is all about doing the right thing with my cash. Now that another term has started I am waiting until tomorrow to find out if my GPA has increased. This will allow me to get financial aid which is greatly needed.

Paying Bills On Time
Thinking about my finances has me realizing that I have late fees on my accounts due to paying my bills when I get paid at the end of the month. Starting this month, I will pay my bills when they come.

Tax Lien
Disputing the tax lien made a major difference in how much I have to pay. In the beginning the tax lien was almost $12,000. Now it is $6,000 and that will be paid off by the end of the year. Paying the lien will allow us to finally be able to move and for me to get more properties.

Online Banking
The strangest thing happened with my online banking. Monthly, I pay for my braces using this service. In the mail, I received a late statement for $243.00. This is a late payment for May and June's regular cost. What has happened? May's bill has not been paid. The last time that I talked with secretary at the orthodontist office the May payment came the June's. I owe a late payment for this. Where was the check? This was an incident that occured that can't be explained. I have learned and I am truly thinking of taking the payment with me from now on. I will have to see first.

Things that I have done
windshield wipers
back speaker fixed

Things needed to do
sell candles
renew Betty's Only
raining and headliner (Liam)
new tires
grill fixed (Liam)
pass classes
get financial aid
get passport

June Bill's
T-Mobile $60.00
Water $90.00
Geico $221.00
Braces $109.00
Wachovia $200.00
Tax Lien $200.00
US Dept of Education $25.00

These are the things that I am currently experiencing. Daily, I learn from others and try to stay focused on what is important in my life. There is still so much more to learn. My posts are about my life and what it takes for me to obtain the financial security. Growing and building is what I am focused on. All I can tell you is what I know and read from others.

1 comment:

Peggy Creighton said...

Willetta,
The single most important thing is to get control of your money. If you don't control your money, others can get control of it and you!
You need to make a big chart of all your bills. Pay them before you spend anything on yourself. Cover all your living expenses (utilities, etc) and then try to put some away to provide for paying back your school expenses. Set aside a tiny amount you can spend on yourself and don't go over. That is the secret to financial success--spending less than you make! :-)