Tuesday, November 11, 2008

I Think I Finally got it Together

Have you heard of Dave Ramsey? My Total Money Makeover https://www.mytotalmoneymakeover.com/index.cfm? this is the link.

Anyway, Immanuel gave me the book. Very interesting! I know I have been a little unstable as far as spending and I need to get back on the ball. I started reading My Total Money Makeover and it put many things in perspective for me. I mean honestly, it's just a matter of putting the mess beside and staying focused on the end result. First, you must save an emergency fund, starting with $1000. Next, create a Debt Snowball. This is where you put your debt in order from least to greatest.

ING $450
Liam (truck) $3312.02
US Dept of Edu. $13790.00
Sallie Mae $562220.00

This is my total debt. At the end of this month ING will be paid off. Once that is done, I will put about $300-$400 more on Liam until he is paid off. When Liam is paid off, that will allow me to put at least $900-$1000 toward the US Dept of Edu. Sallie Mae is the most I have to pay back excluding my houses. They are later on the list.

My goal is to have all debt paid off within the next 2 1/2 years. Selling Betty's Only candles and doing right by my money will allow me to meet this goal.

I am looking forward to what the future holds. Throughout this I believe I have been having little break throughs. Because I know the answer and what to do, but it seems that life happens and I make the wrong turn. That quick fix seems to always outway the better in the long run. It is alright to get somethings that you want, but it is better to put the money toward the debt. As long as I owe people, the money that I make really isn't mine. Is it? Not paying my debts will make me pay more money in the end. I don't want to give my debtors more than I have too. And that's for real!

Thanks everyone for reading. I may bump my head along the way, learn from my mistakes so that you can better your financial situation. I know the things that I want out of life and I know how I will get them.




2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have heard of Dave Ramsey. One of my friends used his program to achieve financial success. It seems that you are on the road to recovery. I will be back to see what steps you have taken and what progress you have made. Don't give up, don't ever give up. Remember, it is easy to give up, but anything worth having is worth working for.

I also read in your previous post that you paid off ING, good for you. Next, is it Liam he will be paid off next. Take it slow and I know financial freedom is in your plan.

vixen kitten said...

I love Dave Ramsey! He has great advice. Good luck with your plan.

~vk~