Sunday, November 30, 2008

I am Doing The Right Thing

I cut up my debit card. I had to do it for the betterment of the people. I told you that I missed up real bad this month. Cutting up the check card was the best thing that I have done for myself in a while. Since it is no longer in my life, I have not spent that much cash. Actually, I went to the bank yesterday and withdrew $150. With that money, I put gas in the car, we ate breakfast at Shoney's, and I bought groceries with the reminder. I put that money to good use.

The emergency fund is a must because I have to get something else worked on on my vehicle. That is alright. I also need to pay a mortgage that I didn't pay this month. This will honestly be the last month that I do that. I had more money in my account and still was overdrawn, that is just sad. I see the problems and I know how to fix them.

I get paid again on the 19 of December, but the catch is that I will not get paid again until the end of January 09. Crazy, right! Money management is the key.

When we were at Shoney's the person behind us was talking about Dave Ramsey's Money Makeover. We had a conversation about getting things in order, that was very motivational. We set there for a reason. No matter how much I want to spend, I need to spend toward the right thing. No debt and more money will handle the problems. Doing right by my cash, not spending excessively is always key.

Have a great day and Happy Thanksgiving, what are you thankful for?

1 comment:

vixen kitten said...

You are an inspiration!

I post my gratitude daily, but this Thanksgiving I was especially grateful for a beautiful piece of art I received from a blog friend. I am blessed by the friendship we share, and his courage is a daily inspiration to me. I posted a pic of it in my main blog if you want to check it out.

I hope you continue to stay on track, and the blessings continue to flow in your life.

~vk~