Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Tax Liens and How they can Affect you

Previously I discussed having a tax lien on my credit report pertaining to a vehicle. I have learned a lesson and have taken full responisibility for the debt that is on my credit report.

3 Things You Should be Aware of

1. Don't give someone your social security number: I allowed my brother to put a car in my name. I never drove the car, rode in the car, or anything of that manner. Now I have a tax lien on my credit report close to $9,000. First, I permitted him to use my SSN to put the car in my name so who is at fault? Mine, of course.

2. Ask about the taxes on a vehicle when you purchase it out of state or in another county: When I first inquired about the lien I was told that it was dealing with a Cadillac Escalade. I disputed it and of course it didn't come off. When I went today, it involves that vehicle and my old truck. Both cars where purchased in other states and the tag was issued in GA. Because the tags where purchased here, the company didn't charge taxes on the vehicle. Please ask if the will charge you tax so you don't get caught years later owing a debt that you are unaware of.

3. Stay On Top of all debts: If you receive documentation stating that you owe anything contact them and ask what it is. See if they can provide some background information to let you know what it is specifically. Debtors do make mistakes so if you feel that it doesn't belong to you dispute it. If it doesn't it will be removed from your credit report.

The Light Makes Things Clearer
This situation has brought me to the light. I was unaware, now I am glad that I found out. I asked her to explain it to me so I would get a clear understanding of what was going on.

I have to pay my part. There is a third party helping me with this situation with my relative. He has to do his part because he was misled.

Where there's a will there's a way. Things happen for a reason. I sometimes question why they always happen to me. Maybe it's not the time for me to experience whatever. Don't fret because trouble doesn't last always. I know that financial success will be mine. I just have to move forward and do the best with what I am given.

1 comment:

bettysonly said...

Thank you for reading. I don't claim to be a professional, I just write about what happens to me. It gives me a release. Come back and tell your friends.

If I can be of any assistance, please let me know bettysonly@netbusiness.com. Thanks for the comment. Support is always welcome and needed.

W. Jackson